Stormwater Chamber Systems
The CULTEC, Inc. Contactor® and Recharger® chambers replace conventional stormwater retention / detention systems such as ponds, swales, pipe and stone trenches or beds, or concrete structures. The chambers may be used for drywells. They may be installed in trench or bed configurations according to site restrictions or client preference. Contact area is maximized by the fully open bottoms and perforated sidewalls. The chambers are typically installed subsurface beneath parking areas to capitalize on use of space, however, they may also be placed in grassy areas.
CULTEC offers the largest variety of chamber sizes and therefore is able to accommodate almost any site parameter whether it is big or small.
Sizes range from 8.5” to 48” tall. Chamber storage capacities range from 0.819 ft3/ft to 17.62 ft³/ft.
The most popular models are the Contactor 100HD, Recharger 150XLHD, Recharger 280HD, Recharger 330XLHD, Recharger V8HD & Recharger 900HD.
System benefits include:
- Maximum use of land area
- Ability to recharge water on-site
- Less heavy equipment required
- Patented overlapping rib connection is fast and easy to install
- Repeating support panel adds to strength of installation
- Chemically resistant
- Sub-surface installation cuts down on insurance liabilities and potential breeding grounds for infectious mosquitoes
- Ability to stack units for trouble-free stockpiling on jobsite and shipping
- Approved by IAPMO
IAPMO R&T is North America’s premier plumbing and mechanical product certification agency. It is accredited by American National Standards Institute (ANSI) and Standards Council of Canada (SCC).
>> Click here for a copy of our Certificate of Listing
>> More on the Advantages of CULTEC Stormwater Chambers
- Shown: Patented Overlapping Rib Connection
- Stormwater Chamber Systems CULTEC’s Recharger® series are higher profile, larger capacity chambers. Typical CULTEC stormwater systems are designed by using the largest chamber that meets the site’s depth constraint. By doing so you reduce the number of chambers and land area required. You maximize storage volume at the given workable elevations.
- CULTEC’s low profile Contactor® series can accommodate systems with high water tables or other depth restraints. The lower profile units may also be used when a larger infiltrative surface area is required by design.
- Stormwater Chamber Systems CULTEC chambers may be installed in multiple layers to accommodate tight site constraints.
We are able to assist you in your design by performing preliminary calculations and supplying AutoCAD layouts free of charge.
Back to Top